Sunday, April 1, 2012

Welcoming a new family member and a Birthday!

I'd like to introduce a new member of our family.


Xena

A six-month old Boxer.  
Isn't she beautiful!?


As some of you may remember, we had a sweet, lovable Boxer named Coco who passed away three years ago a week before her fifth birthday. It was sad and sudden. 

Coco
It took a long while to get over loosing Coco. And then not having a dog for a few years made life a little easier.  But, lately, we've been getting the itch for a new four-legged family companion.  


Hubby did lots of looking around online for Boxers.  Even though I was almost on-board with getting a new dog, I really didn't want to go the young puppy route.  I just wasn't sure I had the patience for all that puppy behavior again.


So Hubby found a six month old Boxer puppy from a Boxer family breeder.  We went to check her out last Thursday, and she was a doll!  Obviously, we couldn't leave the breeder's house without her.  


She's a typical, energetic Boxer with sweet disposition.  We're working on house training ~ blech! ~ and leash training, but I have high hopes we'll get that all down hopefully sooner than later.


I guess, in a way, Xena could also be considered a birthday present.  Mine that is.  
Today is my birthday!  
I know, I know . . . April Fool's Day :o)
Today I turned 48 . . . oh, so much closer to 50.  
Funny how, for me anyway, 48 sounds so much older than 47.  
Silly, right?!







 Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

3 comments:

Kerin said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday!!

Cute birthday gift too.

She's got a sweet look in her eyes, and I hope that she gives your family lots of love :)

Hopemore Studio said...

She is beautiful! What a keeper.

Happy Birthday to you, hope you are having a great day.
Angie

Lisa said...

Carla she's so cute. Happy Birthday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails