Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hippity Hoppity Easter's on it's way!

In only 2-1/2 weeks.  Can you believe it?!


So, naturally, I had put a few Eastery do-dads here and there.  A little late, I guess, by blogdom time, but the house needed some Eastery/springy freshness for sure.


A cute, easy sparkly egg garland made using those glittery eggs on a stick from the DT.  
Super quick.  Super easy.   Super cute!


Now, I know you've seen these guys at lots and lots of blogs, but they're so darn sweet!
From Pier 1 they are, and I bought the tubby one on the right last year.


  I was pleased to see Pier 1 had them again this year, so I couldn't resist adding to the family by snagging up "dad", on the left, and that cute little baby bunny there in the middle.

Of course, Eastering up the place wouldn't be complete without tossing around the fabric carrots I made last year.  


I debuted them last year in this blog entry.



And in case you'd like to knock out a bushel of your own fresh fabric carrots, Clare, from 
generously shared a  tutorial for you to make your very own.



Can I just say, when I purchased those vases below at Ikea a couple years ago, I used I would bought a case!  They were so cheap.  Maybe $1.99 a piece, if that.  They may have been only $0.99.  Anyway, I think they sold out of them a while back. 
I just love 'em!!!  


I even had someone email some months ago because she was searching for them for her wedding centerpieces, Googled them, and my blog came up and she offered to buy them from me double what I paid! I know . . . how mean.  I should have sold them to her.  But then I'd have none!




I just love that vintage Easter postcard.  What a work of art.  
The snowdrop flowers really convey an Eastery/springy feeling. 


That WalMart BH&G fall tray being put to good use again.  I always feel like I have to ground tablescapes with either a tray, a mini quilt, a platter . . . something.  Is that weird?  Maybe it's a bit of that OCD I think I have showing up! LOL  A feeling that I have to compartmentalize everything.


Another Pier 1 purchase that's been seen all over blogdom in many forms,
the moss bunny on a stick.


I obviously wasn't nearly as creative as so many others.  Rather boring, actually.  How uninspired is it just sticking that guy in a potted plant? 
I think he's cute in there anyway!


And I just love how this pot has become all craggily and pitted.  Not sure how that happened.  Probably from the weather, I guess, but I think it looks neat.


Inspirational faux stones.  I showed you how to make your own in this blog entry.


Quick way to dress up a boring pillar candle.  A faux stone and some jute twine.  How simple is that?



Before we know it, we'll all be showing off our fun 4th of July goodies!  :o)



Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

4 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Cute decorations. I have hardly put anything out this year. I might be stopping by Pier One later today to look for those chubby bunnies! Cute, cute. I am feeling much more inspired to decorate now. :)

Kerin said...

Carla..
You put me to shame... with all your darling Easter decor-- LOL!

I've just done a few things here and there, and now I need to get busy!

I've opened a new blog, and I'm keeping the old one still private, just for the fam.
Click on my name and come visit me... I feel a bit lonesome :)

Thanks for the inspiring post!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Well, you're one step ahead of me, Carla! I didn't even go up to the attic to get any Easter stuff that may be up there. Thank God, I collect bunnies! I just made them work with everything else I normally have out. At this point, I think that what I have out will be it for my Easter decor! I like the tray idea because if you have this set up somewhere that you may have to move it, it is easy to do so without disturbing the whole vignette.

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Your house looks so pretty Carla! I love the sparkly egg banner and those fabric carrots are so adorable! Where did you ever find the vintage postcard? I {heart} it! Lovely! Angie xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails