Monday, February 27, 2012

Crazy for Mad Men

My most recent TV obsession. 


If you're not familiar with the series, it is described below perfectly at the AMC website, the shows host network.



Set in 1960s New York, the sexy, stylized and provocative AMC drama Mad Men follows the lives of the ruthlessly competitive men and women of Madison Avenue advertising, an ego-driven world where key players make an art of the sell.


The series revolves around the conflicted world of Don Draper (Jon Hamm), the biggest ad man (and ladies man) in the business, and his colleagues at the Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Advertising Agency. As Don makes the plays in the boardroom and the bedroom, he struggles to stay a step ahead of the rapidly changing times and the young executives nipping at his heels. The series also depicts authentically the roles of men and women in this era while exploring the true human nature beneath the guise of 1960s traditional family values.


I bet I'm close to one of the last people on the planet to watch the show.  I've known about the show for several years, but never caught an episode.  That is, until I spotted the entire series on Netflix about a month and half ago.  

Born in 1964, I can recollect a bit of the period details from my childhood.


I was instantly hooked. 

The 60's fashions.  




The 60's decor.








The beautifully dressed and accessorized men and women. 

Jon Hamm as Don Draper
John Slattery as Roger Sterling
Vincent Kartheiser as Peter Campbell
Elisabeth Moss as Peggy Olson
January Jones as Betty Draper-Francis
Christina Hendricks as Joan Harris
 Some of the show's characters have even been immortalized in a Barbie Collection!


The show is addicting.  
I've completed all four seasons in the last 5 or 6 weeks.  
Now, I'm anxiously awaiting the premiere of Season 5 to begin on March 25.




Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

1 comment:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love this series too Carla! I have been watching it since the beginning! I think it is so well written and I *adore* the fashions too! I have been wearing vintage brooches of my Grandmother's because I have been so inspired by this show. I even bought the book by Janie Byrant...she dress all the characters on the show. I just started Season 4 for the 2nd time so I can be all refreshed for Season 5! Angie xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails