Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lil Punkin Found a Home

I found a pretty good home for my new little pumpkin I showed you all yesterday.


It's part of a little fall vignette on the "dead zone" on the kitchen counter.  This little area gets changed up a lot throughout the year.


Lil punkin is sharing a spot on a wooden fall tray with a few other goodies.  
Cute gobbler candle holder.


Showed you that framed phrase a while ago.  Still enjoying it. 


The one thing I especially want to share with you is the book you see there.  The book's author is quilt designer Lynette Jensen.  I was first introduced to Lynette Jensen and her design line known as Thimbleberries, over a dozen years when I was a more avid quilter and worked at a quilt shop.  She's a designer of quilt patterns and fabrics, and has authored many quilting books as well as the little gem above.


As you can see from the book's table of contents above, you're guided through the fall months at her home where she shares her autumnal decorating style using her fabulous quilts, vintage pieces and natural elements from her gardens.



It's a gorgeous book, offering tons of eye-candy for fall inspiration.



I wish I could share every page of this book with you now, but you really should see it person.  Amazon has the book for $10.99 through independent sellers.  It would make a fantastic gift for the person who loves to decorate for fall.



While I was at Amazon researching the availability of Autumn Accents, I saw Lynette's book, Finishing Touches for Christmas is still available.  I think I may have to purchase that one.  
Frankly, I'm shocked I don't already own it!



Thanks for visiting! 
 Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

4 comments:

rachel@Acts of Life said...

Hi Carla,
I am liking your kitchen vignette!I like the saying you have in the frame..so true! Thanks for sharing your Autumn accents book, it looks like it has lots of great pictures in it, good inspiration for fall decorating!
Have a lovely week,
Rachel :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your pumpkin looks great in that vignette, Carla! In fact, that whole vignette is lovely. I have two "dead zones" in my kitchen that could do with a little decorating {those corners made by either side of the fridge}. I've got more Christmas decorations than for any other time of the year, so I'm going to wait until after the holidays to figure them out. I know I'll be able to fill them once the holiday bins are opened!

Kerin said...

Well, that pumpkin looks lovely in your kitchen vignette.

I'm not a quilter (yet) and so I've never seen this book. Thanks for sharing though. I think I need to buy it now. The eye candy is delicious!

Have a happy day!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

How nice to put all your little pretties on a tray. I watch the Nate Berkus show from time to time and he always suggests that. : )
Happy Fall,
Mary Lou

Related Posts with Thumbnails