Thursday, June 9, 2011

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner


Always on the lookout for a new and yummy chicken recipe, I found this latest creation while perusing through Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook.  And it was certainly a winner with my family!


Tequila Lime Chicken
This is the chicken marinating.
It was easy and delicious, and best of all, my family loved it.  I served it up with lemon mushroom risotto, {My first time making risotto and it turned out great!  Why have I heard risotto is so hard? It just needs lots of attention. ;o)} and another Ina recipe, Confetti Corn.


One little thing I did differently than the recipe called for, was I took marinade mixture put it in a saucepan and brought it to a boil.  Turned it down to a simmer and reduced it to create a sauce for the chicken.  Then I topped the chikcen with homemade pineapple mango salsa.



I wish I'd snapped a picture of the chicken when Hubby brought it in off the grill, but by the time I got everything ready and on the table, the guys were diggin' in.  


Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup gold tequila
1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 limes)
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (2 oranges) - I used a good quality store bought
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno peppper (1 pepper seeded)
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 whole (6 split) boneless chicken breasts, skin on - I used skinless

Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt and papper ina large bowl.  Add the chicken breasts and refrig overnight.  (I marinated mine for about 8 hours.)

Girll chicken indoors or out until thoroughly cooked, then allow to rest for about 5 minutes after removing from heat.

Another great Ina recipe!  
Hope you try it and enjoy.



Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

7 comments:

Kerin said...

I love Ina! She's my kind of gal....she always has such an easy- going manner about her.
I need to by this book.
Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Kathy said...

This looks yummy! I love Ina Garten's books -
Kathy

Donna Heber said...

Hi Carla,

Your Tequila Lime Chicken looks most inviting. I'm glad it was a winner with your family. Have a great weekend!

Meadowsweet Cottage said...

That is my all-time favorite recipe of hers!

I'm so glad you stopped by, because now I discovered you back! I can already tell we share more than a few interests! I'll be back to enjoy your archives :)

~pogonip

Amber said...

I'm a new follower, and I wanted to tell you how much I LOVE your recipes!! I am def going to be trying quite a few of them and can't wait!
Hope you had a great weekend!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Looks awesome, Carla. I'm always on the lookout for a good cookbook for my SIL. Everything looked delicious! : )
Mary Lou

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Sounds really good Carla... I love anything this woman cooks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails