Saturday, May 7, 2011

A TASTY, EASY & JUICY CHICKEN RECIPE


My family loves chicken.  I mean really loves chicken!  Almost to an unhealthy obsession.  Well, maybe not obsessively . . . I'm being a bit overdramatic, I guess.  But, seriously, they do really like chicken!  So I'm always on the hunt for something new and different, and most importantly, EASY! to do with chicken.  I think that might be one of many homemaker's main kitchen quests . . . the next best chicken recipe!

Probably like a lot of you, I have so many different companies dumping recipes into my email inbox.  And quite frankly, I almost never use any of them.  Not sure why.  Anyway, I occasionally get recipe newsletters from the Betty Crocker site.

I received a newsletter last week convincing me I could make "the juiciest chicken ever". Oh really?!  I clicked on the link in the email and went to the site where several chicken recipes were listed.  One caught my eye. 

GRILLED-TACO SPICED CHICKEN
Betty Crocker's site boasts it was awarded "Best 30-Minute Meal of 2008".  It looked good.  Sounded quick and easy.  And I had all the ingredients on hand.  Key, right?!  Well, I'll tell you, that chicken was darn good - easy to make and JUICY!!! :o)   The recipe calls for the chicken to be cooked on the grill, but since our grill was out of propane, I used my cast iron grill pan on the stove.  Good enough!

I will most definitely be making this chicken again.  I can see it being a repeat performer this summer for sure on the outside grill.

Here's the recipe:




2 tablespoons Old El Paso taco seasoning mix (I buy the can of this seasoning mix.)
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 lb)
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin







Heat grill.  In shallow bowl, mix taco seasoning mix and oregano.  Brush chicken with oil and sprinkle with taco seasoning mixture.


Place chicken on grill over medium heat.  Cover grill and cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear or when the thickest part is 170 degrees F.


Meanwhile, in small microwave bowl, mix barbecue sauce, chili sauce and cumin.  Cover and microwave on high 30 to 60 seconds or until hot.  Serve sauce over chicken.

I made a super-quick side dish by quickly melting a bit of Velvetta with a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chilis, and mixing with some left over rice and bow-tie pasta that was already in the frig.   




They all loved the chicken!!!  And the side dish went over well too!  How could it not?  Spicy cheese and pasta.  YUM!








Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

1 comment:

Kerin said...

This in one that I'm going to HAVE to try !
Hope that you had a great Mothers day, and that this week will be a great one for you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails