Saturday, February 19, 2011

CHILI-LIME SOUTHWEST WRAPS

Looking for a quick and easy and tasty meal idea?  
Well, I have just the recipe for you!

Chili-Lime Southwest Wraps

Image from Cooking with Paula Deen
This recipe is from the September/October 2010 issue of Cooking with Paula Deen.  I've made this recipe a few times, and everyone seems to love it.  Best of all, for me anyway, it's one of those recipes whose ingredients I always have on hand.  
And it's super versatile.
  

We've stuffed whole wheat wraps with the mixture. 

We've put the mixture atop tortilla chips and added some cheese and popped it into the oven and served as chicken nachos.

We've had it wrapped with lettuce leaves . . . well . . . mainly I've had it as lettuce wraps since I'm trying to watch what I put into my mouth these days ;o).  

Hubby likes to eat it straight up.



Start with 3 cups shredded cooked chicken


You'll also need 15.25 ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained.  A 10 ounce can of diced tomatoes and green chiles ~ like Ro-Tel or any other brand.


A 15.25 ounce can of whole-kernel corn, rinsed and drained.  Or, I use frozen corn that I rinse under hot water in a strainer to defrost real fast.


To make the chili-lime mayo dressing, mix together 1/2 cup of mayo, 1 tablespoon of chili powder and 1 teaspoon of lime juice.  I just squeeze a whole half lime into the bowl without measuring.  




I love how mayo looks with the chili powder "speckles" all throughout. 
The recipe also calls for 1/2 cup cilantro.  I'm not a huge fan of cilantro, so I leave it out.  
  

Add mayo mixture to all the ingredients, and toss to coat well.


I hope you give this recipe a try.  
I think you'll really like it.





Thanks for visiting! 
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

2 comments:

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

oooh that sounds really good Carla,
my guys and big fans of anything mexi style, I'm going to try it this week!
Thanks so much for entering and posting about my giveaway~ you're a sweetie:)
paula

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Looks yummy! My daughter would love this in her lunch for school! Angie xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails