Monday, December 27, 2010

THE DAY AFTER . . .


. . . Christmas proved to be a very lazy day.  I slept in till 8:30 - now, that's drastically sleeping in for me.  I laid around snoozing off and on, watching old movies on TV.  I picked and snacked on leftovers.  I even stayed in my pj's wrapped up in my big red fluffy robe all day.  I did muster up the energy to wash my face and brush my teeth, but that was about it.  


And after a while, I did get a few things done.  I finished up machine quilting that table runner I showed you a while back.  Yeah, I got way off schedule with that project!  And I ironed the mound of Hubby's dress shirts that have been staring at me for weeks.  While I was ironing, we all watched the movie 
"Inception" . . . whaaaa????? . . . 
That's one movie that you seriously need to pay attention wile watching.


And all day we watched the snow blow.  Didn't get near a much as originally predicted, but it was nice.  I love snow.  I wouldn't mind one bit getting snowed in for a couple days.  The snow's stopped, but it's seriously cold out there this morning.  The wind is howling and whipping snow all around.  
brrrrrr!!!


Despite the tundra-like conditions out there, I think I'm going to venture to Walmart.  This is a "need-to-stock-up-on-after-Christmas-sale-wrapping" supplies year.  And I figured I'd poke around to see what other after-Christmas-sale goodies I can find ;o)





Thanks for visiting! 
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

7 comments:

Jen T said...

Oh, Carla! You are a brave soul to venture out to Walmart - hats off to you! The photos are beautiful. Happy New Year! JenT

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I agree with Jen T ~ you are brave! : ) Me, I don't go out. Thankfully, the day job closed the office today so I didn't have to call in. Tomorrow is another story! I could use some things and I'd like to see what's on sale, but for now I'm just writing a list {that I will hopefully stick to} of what I'd like and need to get. I've got a Michaels gift card and a Home Goods gift card just screaming to be used! : )

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Hi Carla!

What lovely photos! I had the same kind of day. I watched the original Parent Trap, Oliver Twist and Sound of Music and stayed in my PJ's all day too!!

I was so tired from full two days and I still amy not over whatever it is I had over Thanksgiving.

xxoo
Marsha

Pretty Things said...

I just love the photos!

And my husband would agree with you about "Inception". He fell asleep and woke up part way through and had NO idea what was going on.

Hopemore Studio said...

Oh I love day after Christmas shopping, I go with all my sisters every year. Best reason to go to Wal-Mart...44 cent boxes of Bob's soft stripe sticks...yum.

Have a great day!
Angie

Kerin said...

Carla,
I'm so glad that you had a wonderful Christmas.
Hope you snagged some great deals and stocked up on paper for next year. I didn't even venture to the stores the day after..... too much snow. We have been clobbered by snow and storms, and we are doing our best to stay dry and warm :)
LOVE your 'fireplace'... no ashes to worry about cleaning up :)
Have a great weekend, and Happy New Year!

Howard L said...

Thank youu for being you

Related Posts with Thumbnails