Sunday, October 31, 2010

TRICK OR TREAT!



This year I joined in on some grown-up Trick or Treating hosted by Christine at

What a fun swap this was!  We were to send two "treats" and one "trick" to Christine.  Two items were to be handmade, one could be store bought {I choose to make all three}.  Christine asked that we not label our pieces with our names, keeping them anonymous, only labeling which two were the "treats" and which one was the "trick".  Once she received everyone's goodies, she randomly put together two of the treats and one trick per person and sent them back out.

We were to take pictures of the treats and tricks we were sending out so we could post them on our blogs today as well.  Silly me, I totally forgot to take pictures of what I made,  so Christine kindly took a few snaps of my items when she received them.  But when I downloaded them from Christine's email, and tried to upload them here, I kept getting a "server refused" message.  Anyone know what that's about?


Now, here's where the fun starts.  Once we all received back our tricks and treats, we had to wait until today, All Hallow's Eve, to post pics of the ghoulish goodies we received.  Then, we go to Christine's blog where she has all the participant's links posted and we visit each other's blogs, "Trick or Treating", seeing who received the items we sent out.  Pretty neat, huh?!

I received some really great things!  I was like a kid on Christmas morning when my box arrived.  Pulling each adorable little goodie out . . . oooo'ing and ahhh'ing over each one.

And if coordinating, distributing and hostessing this swap wasn't enough, Christine included a gorgeous Halloween vintage-image pendant necklace as a thank-you for participating.  Oh, Christine!  It's so adorable.  I've loved wearing it.  And it's us who are offering you a big thank-you for putting this swap together.


















Thanks for visiting! 
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

7 comments:

Hopemore Studio said...

Carla, I'm so glad you got to play. Sadly I had to sit out this time, but it is so much fun to check in to see all the tricks and treats.

Happy Halloween!!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, WOW, what fun! Drat I missed out on this one! I am SO SO happy that you received something wonderful, Carla!!! Love the skull wreath!!!

xxoo

Unknown said...

Carla,
What fantastic treats and trick you got.
Thanks for sharing
Michele

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That looks like it was fun, Carla! I love all the treats you got!

Kerin said...

Great treats! How fun to have been able to do the swap!
Love the pendant necklace.... the vintage picture is adorable.
Have a great week !

Unknown said...

Carla,
I am so glad that you left me a comment on my blog that it was your trick box that I received. I was so wanting to thank the person that made it. I thank you, it was so much fun opening the box. I do so love the box as well, it sure is a keeper.
Thanks again
Michele

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Super, super cute stuff here, Carla. Lucky you!!! : )
Love all your painting projects below. Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails