Friday, August 13, 2010

OFF TO COLLEGE!


No! Not me! :o)

Son No. 1, John, is packing up and getting ready to start his final year down at the

University of North Carolina in Charlotte

Today will be spent packing up the things he brought home with him for the summer.


Me and Hubby, along with Son No. 3, are going to hit the road tomorrow morning for the eight-hour drive (blech! I hate long drives.) to take John and his belongings back down to school.


We plan on spending a few days in Charlotte helping him get settled in his new off-campus apartment.



I'll catch up with you all some time the early part of next week.
Have a great weekend!

Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

6 comments:

Kerin said...

Have a safe drive and best of luck with the goodbyes!!

Hopemore Studio said...

Carla, I wish your son best of luck in his final year...how exciting for him.

I'm with you on disliking the long drives. It was 10 hours from KY to NJ, as a kid it was really hard, as an adult at least I get to drive a bit. Bring yourself a few good books and I'm sure the time will fly...perhaps you should get yourself together a portable crafting kit too..lol.

Enjoy NC I hear it's just beautiful and it's a place I would love to visit sometime soon.

Angie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I'm sure he's very excited, Carla! Is this his first year off-campus? Chin up, Mom! : )

Darlene said...

I bet he is excited to be in his last year of college. The statues are gorgeous and it looks like a BEAUTIFUL campus! Oh, that IS a long drive. Be safe!♥

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip -- Good luck to Son #1 - enjoy the year!! -- Gladys

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Have a wonderful trip. I LOOOOOVED all the super cute photos of your son growing up, below.
Wishing him the best of luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails