Monday, August 9, 2010

MY FAVORITE SUMMERTIME SANDWICH

TOMATO AND CUCUMBER

I ka-rave this sandwich in the winter months. It's really one of my favorite simple sandwiches - right up there with peanut butter and pickle . . . yes . . . pickle.

I only make it in the summer when I can use fresh tomatoes and cukes. Preferably from my own garden, but as long as they're fresh and in season, I can do store bought.

Two slices white bread.

A thin smear of mayo on both slices.
Nah, don't use fancy mayo just plain, cheapo Walmart brand.

A layer of thinly sliced cucumber with a generous sprinkling of fresh ground pepper, kosher salt and dill weed.


A layer of a little less thinly sliced tomatoes with a generous sprinkling of fresh ground pepper, kosher salt and dill weed.

You see, it's quite important to season all layers ;o)


Slap on the top slice of bread and enjoy!


Mmm, mmm, good!!!

To me, it's like a
"summer in a sandwich"!



Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

4 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I have not tried it with cucumber, but guess what I had for lunch today?!? I had to have it on gluten free bread, but I bought a nice plump tomato from the store the other day and sliced a few slices, added some mayo, some pepper and mmmmmm, heaven.

Darlene said...

YUM...that really sounds delicious!! I'll have to try it!

Sweet Tea said...

"Summer in a sandwich" - love that!

marie said...

Yep ~ that sounds like a perfect sandwich. I NEED to try this right away! Thanks for the detailed tutorial!! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails