Monday, August 2, 2010

BREAKFAST FOR ONE



Buttery, cheesy grits with lots of fresh-ground pepper.
One egg over easy.
Thickly sliced garden-fresh tomatoes.





Cheesy Grits for one:
One cup briskly, boiling water with dash of salt. Three tablespoons grits. Reduce heat, cover and cook on low for 15 minutes. Add a pat of butter, small handful of any cheese you like and a generous grinding of pepper. Enjoy!


Sure beats what I usually have for breakfast -
several cups of coffee and a One-A-Day vitamin!


Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

6 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That is the breakfast of champions for sure. I love cheese grits or grits of any kind. Love sliced tomato for breakfast and especially with lots of pepper. I wish our tomatoes would turn red.

Darlene said...

Sounds like you will LOVE your breakfast! I am not a grits girl....don't know why because I like most anything! Enjoy your breakfast! I too though have been enjoying tomatoes from my garden...YUM. They are so delicious!

Hopemore Studio said...

Good Morning Carla! I have to say as much as I like eggs and grits the tomato looked the most tempting. YUM

the kiddos are at VBS all this week perhaps it's time to make myself a bit of breakfast.
Angie

Kerin said...

Hi Carla!
I think the grits look yummy. We don't eat grits here in Utah....at least no one that I know of. My son is about to go to Georgia on his mission and I hear that they cook a lot of grits. He looked at your yummy breakfast and grinned. I think he's going to like grits ! :)
Have a great day !!

Anne Lorys said...

Oh my gosh, this looks so good!
There is nothing better than buttery grits! :-)

marie said...

I've never tried grits ~ but this looks very tempting! I need to give it a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe Carla!

Related Posts with Thumbnails