Monday, July 5, 2010

NICE TO GO AWAY, BUT SO GOOD TO BE HOME


Cocoa Beach

That's my sentiment every time we go away on vaca. I'm always grateful to be able to get away, but I so love being home more than anything!
I'm a real home body for sure.

Our quick little jaunt down to Florida was very nice. It was a real treat spending three days with just Son No. 3.
What a cool kid ;o)

I think he had an okay time hanging out with his old Mom and Dad, too!

I won't bore you all with pictures of the amusement parks and the water park, but I will share pictures of where we stayed. Let me tell you, this place was fabulous! As I mentioned in my last post, it's a golf resort.
The Villas of Grand Cypress


We found out it's just not any golf resort, it's ranked within the top 25 golf resorts in the country! And I can surely see why.
It was beautiful . . . the rooms . . . the grounds . . . the restaurants . . . the pool
ahhh the pool.


The left side of the pool.


We hit that gorgeous, ginormous pool every day/evening. Most times having it almost totally to ourselves the entire time we were there.

Hard to make out in this picture, but all around the the pool those trees were trimmed like umbrellas for shading the lounge chairs.

One of two spas in the pool area. This one has the refreshing waterfall with fragrant bougainvillea vine trailing down.


The right side of the pool.




Summer is "off season" for golf in Florida, so the resort was not at all crowded. And, another plus, is the rates are quite affordable. The Villas of Grand Cypress where we stayed, is affiliated with the 815 room hotel The Hyatt Grand Cypress just down the road. The Hyatt just went through a multi-million dollar renovation. It's a very nice, very large, very busy hotel/conference center. I'm so glad we did not stay there!

The cul-de-sac where our villa was located.

The Villas is a much smaller hotel facility. Separate cul-de-sacs with private outside entrances for each suite/villa. It was quiet, peaceful and beautiful. No busy lobbies. No waiting for elevators. No loud groups passing by the hotel room door. It was perfect.

Below are views from our villa's back patio.





Unfortunately, there was no time for golf - not even time for hitting some balls at the driving range. We were down there for only 3 full days, and those days were booked solid. Maybe next time ;o)

Some views of the golf course.


Views from the main clubhouse.


Another highlight of the trip was the Cirque du Soleil show, La Nouba. It was fantastic! I've only ever seen one over Cirque show, Ka, in Las Vegas, and it was great as well. I'll have to say, though, so far La Nouba is my favorite. If you're ever in Orlando, I highly recommend seeing the show.

Spending an afternoon at Cocoa Beach was nice as well.

Relaxing by the ocean.

Of course, coming home has had me busy . . . unpacking, laundry, cleaning the house, working, weeding, tending to my almost neglected plants and flowers (the big boys get an almost failing grade for caring for my beloved plants and flowers!). All the work the last couple days has almost totally cancelled out the vacation we just took!
Isn't that always the way?!!!




Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

What breathtaking pictures Carla! I can see how GORGEOUS it was. That pool looks WONDERFUL!!!

I know what you mean about vacations. Always fun to go on but I am SURE ready to get back home. Sorry the older boys didn't do so well with your gardens.

Related Posts with Thumbnails