Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A VERY SPECIAL BIRTHDAY


Today is a very special day.
It's my dear handsome Hubby's birthday. Today he's FIFTY!! Isn't that NIFTY?!
LOL!!! Sorry, I felt compelled to do that.

Happy Birthday, John!

Wow! It doesn't seem that long ago that we met and starting dating . . . 31 years. Those years have flown by. And I look forward to many, many more years of celebrating with him.

Hubby's not really the celebrating type. He doesn't like a big fuss made about him. When he turned 25, I threw a little surprise party for him. When he turned 40, I threw a little bit bigger surprise party for him. Both times he warned not to do it.
He'll tell you . . . I don't follow directions very well.

Needless to say, I wanted to throw at least a little something for his 50th. He was very insistent about NOT having any celebration. He just wasn't into it. So I didn't plan anything.


But . . . our very good friends secretly planned and hosted a surprise party for Hubby last Saturday night. They even surprised me! All of our good friends and some of his coaching colleagues were there to celebrate.
It was tons of fun!

When Son No. 1 comes home from college this weekend for break, we'll have a proper family celebration. A special dinner . . . some cake . . . funny stories of the past . . .
Maybe I'll break out the photo albums!


I'll catch-up tomorrow with "Weigh-In Wednesday".

Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

6 comments:

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

aw...happy happy 50th to your darling!! That's one awesome cake!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome husband!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Why is it that the years are so much kinder to men!

So glad you found the paint!

Hopemore Studio said...

Happy Birthday John!!! What a great group of friends to host a special surprise for you both.

It is always a pleasure to read when someone is happily married and enjoys spending time together.

Congrats,
Angie

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday to your dear hubby!!! Mine turned 50 on Dec. 1st!

Kerin said...

Happy, happy birthday to your hubby!
Hope it is his best one ever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails