Friday, March 19, 2010

ANXIOUSLY AWAITING SPRING!

Good Friday afternoon, everyone!!! It's been an absolutely LOV-A-LEE day here today . . . as a matter of fact, it has for the past couple days. Honestly, I haven't really had anything blog-worthy to share lately.

My good friend Tracy called earlier to check-up on me. She's a good friend and regularly reader of my humble little blog, but she gets on me from time-to-time about not blogging more often. Think I need to get on her, though. She has a blog on which she's never posted a comment.
C'mon, Girl!!!!

This cute bunny print is really a page from a past year's calendar. It was an odd size and wouldn't fit any empty frames I had around the house, so I just mounted it to a thick piece of chipboard with Mod-Podge. I also gave it a couple topcoats with the Mod-Podge to make it a bit more durable.

I do have a few things I'm planning on sharing, but I can't post them now. One of the posts, I'm still working on, and the other I can't post until Monday so as to possibly avoid letting a cat out of a bag! ;o)




This evening is busy with Son No. 3's baseball practice and then a school dance. Then later, me and Hubby are planning to sit outside on the deck by the fire with some music and maybe a cocktail or two. Can't wait for that! It's one of my favorite things to do on a weekend evening - weather permitting, of course!

Cute little vignette on my kitchen counter.


I made the little bunny and carrot quilt many, many years ago.
I love the all the dimension on this piece. It's one of my favorites!


The weekend's shaping up to be a busy one with working in the yard tomorrow in the 70-plus degree weather - YAY!!! - having date-night later in the evening with my hot Hubby, and a bridal shower on Sunday.

Just picked up this adorable dish at Kohl's a couple days ago. Half off!!!


When I made this simple table runner a couple years ago, I made it reversible for both holidays -
pretty clever, eh??!!! LOL

I'm sure many of your remember these sparkly eggs on a stick from the DT last year. I pulled them off their sticks and strung them to create a garland for my hutch. Those terrific spring green plates were an unexpected find at the Safeway last year.

So, today I'm posting some Easter/Spring inspiration from around my home, and to let you know I'm still alive and well.



Be sure to check in Monday for news on my 100th post giveaway! Have a fabulous weekend.






Thanks for visiting!
Leave a comment so I can get to know you.

7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love all your displays, Carla! Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead. I'm hoping to get outside myself and check out my beds.

Kerin said...

Hi!
Sounds like you have a pretty terrific weekend in store.
I do love the green plates; they are the perfect color!
Have a great weekend!

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Ahhhh spring on delmarva, finally!!
I'm thinking after the winter we've had, we deserve a couple of springs and a few summers in a row!! lol:)
love all your sweet spring decor..I'll be back on Monday!!
hugs,
paula:)

Hopemore Studio said...

Carla, the decorating looks beautiful, I love all your creations.

In this process of listing my house I am forced to put it all away instead of dragging it all out. So I am going to live vicariously through you!

Congrats on your 100 posts!
Angie

Sweet Tea said...

Now I know why you've not blogged much lately - you've been
"Easter-izing your house. Love all your pretties!

Darlene said...

Hi Carla,

I'm so glad to be back home and visiting you again. I LOVE all of your Easter and Spring decor. So CUTE! You are so talented to have made that adorable quilt! LOVE it! Enjoy your day.♥

Jenny said...

Adorable vignettes Carla, but I especially love the banner you made!

Related Posts with Thumbnails