Sunday, November 22, 2009

When's your creative time?



Hi all! Hope everyone's weekend was good. We did a bit of Christmas shopping, and took Son No. 3 to see A Christmas Carol at the Imax Theater. It was very, very good. I usually do not like 3D movies at all, but this one was fantastic.

I spent a good deal of the day being creative. I have such a hard time allotting time to my creative outlets. For me, I feel like I have to get done all the "have-to-do" things first - laundry, vacuuming, preparing meals, the treadmill, etc. I think I'm most creative in the morning to mid afternoon; however, most times when I'm not working, I tend to do those other, not-so-much-fun things first. When all the work's done, I'm worn out. I'm not really a night person, so late-night crafting/creating usually doesn't happen for me.



How do all you creative people squeeze in your "play time", and when? And at this time of year, for me, something usually gets pushed to the waayyy back burner - such as cooking dinner for the family, my workouts, cleaning my master bath! All those extra-curricular holiday-prep activities will monopolize good parts of my time not away from the house working.


Oh well, guess I need to manage my time better. Aren't the stars great! Angie did a nice tutorial on these stars over at her blog, Hopemore Studio. Love 'em!!! Super simple, too. (Oh . . . I have to explain . . . my hot glue gun was going berserk today - hence the unfortunate glue-gobs on some of the pieces. gggrrrrr)


I plan on pumping a lot of these treat cones, tussie mussies . . . whatever you want to call them. They're perfect for passing out at the end of a holiday gathering, or teacher's gifts, hairdresser, nail person, mailman you get the idea! filled with yummy treats - handmade or purchased . . . chocolate would probably be best! ;o)

Here's a little sneak peak at the mess I make when I'm crafting. Those of you that know me personally, know how this can drive me crazy! I'm kind of a neat freak. When I'm working on something, I have to stop ever so often to straighten up. It's like the mess makes it's way into my head and I can't work! All that mess for 3 little stars and a cone!



Have a restful, Sunday evening. I think I may do a little something special for all six of my readers! hehe Since we're entering the ultimate time of giving and blessings, I'm feeling a bit of generosity coming along. Stay tuned . . .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ONG these are so cute.. I wish I could have come over. ugh!!! Next time. Still need to figure out the time of the dress fitting. But how does the 30th sound?

Hopemore Studio said...

Carla, I just got back from my weekend away and popped over to your blog. I'm so excited with what you did with that star tutorial! I wish I had more crepe paper around the house, it is such a nice touch and the clock hand...brilliant.

Your cones are lovely too, I have never made any, but I do love the Victorian look.

Congrats on your time to play, now go clean up...lol.

Angie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love your projects! Thanks for visiting my blog and letting me know I got the term right. ; ) Good luck in the giveaway!

I just did 2 cones myself {finished 1} just a little while ago. I like yours a lot! I tend to do a lot of my projects in the evening during the week and during the day on weekends.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh my goodness!! These turned out AMAZING!!! You can be so proud of them. Every little detail is beautiful. I'm also impressed with your little bins that help you stay organized. Way to go! : )
M.L.

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I really love the cones! Great gifts and so cute! You are right, filled with chocolates is the way to go!

SharDon Exclusives said...

Carla, I wanted to first thank you for popping over and leaving such a sweet comment.
Aren't the stars fun to make? Now where have I been that I didn't do this before? Your stars are wonderful. Hopemore Studios did a great job in posting the tutorial.
Thanks again for stopping in and thanks again for commenting.
Sharon

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Carla... I don't know how i missed being on your follow list but i'm there now! Love your creations! One thing I've never gotten my creative little hands into is paper crafts but some of the things I see you guys do...mmmm!...
I really need more hours in a day!
Which speaking of, I am not too good at managing time, but I am way more productive in the wee hours of the morning, like 5am! When everyone is still asleep, I can be in the basement cutting boards and waxing signs! Anyways..have a beautiful thanksgiving , hoping for some delmarvalous weather!!
paula:)

Barbara Jean said...

Your works of art are wonderful.
Finding time is hard for all of us.

I just let all the house work go.
I do not buy groceries, because i would have to cook them, and then clean up.
I can be crafting all that time. =0)
Just kidding.

Do love what you did when you did it.
blessings

barbara jean

Related Posts with Thumbnails